文字版


Venerable Master and Monastics
尊敬的大德 法师

fellow practitioners
各位同参 道友大家好

Welcome to Jing Ya Buddhist Voice,
欢迎来到静雅佛音

I am Jingya, Namo Amitabha 
我是静雅 南无阿弥陀佛

tomb-sweeping  Festival is coming soon
清明节马上就到了 

tomb-sweeping  ancestral worship is a significant event in one's life.
清明祭祖是人生一桩重大的事情

For hundreds of years, we chose this day
百千年来  我们选择了这一天

to engage in spiritual communication with our ancestors.
与先祖进行心灵对话

With a simple and devout action,
用一种朴素而虔诚的行为

to express the deep memories in our hearts.
来表达内心深处的铭记

For Buddhist disciples, tomb-sweeping  Festival is a day
清明节 对佛弟子而言 

to express gratitude
是要带着感恩之心

and pray for our ancestors including all sentient beings in the Six Realms
祈愿祖先为主的六道所有的一切

, the sentient beings like our mother
如母親的有情众生

to be freed from the cycle of rebirth
能够早日脱离轮回苦海

to attain the ultimate Buddhahood
得到佛的果位

After a person passes away forty-nine days (7X7-day)
人往生七七四十九天以后 

the soul basically will be reincarnated.
基本上都会投胎了

Reincarnation doesn't necessarily mean being reborn as a human again.
再次投胎也不一定会做人 

Under the influence of karma
根据业力的牵引 

one may be reborn in any of the six realms, including the realm of hungry ghosts
有可能去到了饿鬼道

, the realm of hell, the realm of animals, the realm of asuras, or the realm of gods.
地狱道、 畜生道、 阿修罗道或天道

The purpose of performing the rite of ancestral soul liberation
做超度 就是要让往生之人

is to help the deceased eliminate karmic obstacles and increase their blessings.
消除业障 增加福报

Regardless of which realm he is reborn in, 
不管他投到了哪一道 

we hope that he can stay away from the pain of that realm 
但愿他都能远离那一道的痛苦

and be freed from the cycle of rebirth as soon as possible.
早日脱离轮回 

This is why we perform the rite of ancestral soul liberation for the deceased 
这就是为什么我们要为亡人

and our ancestors of past generations.
和历代祖亲超度的原因了

Many people may ask 
可能还有很多人会问 

whether our deceased family members and parents, who passed away decades ago,
那我的家人 父母已经去世了几十年了

can still benefit from the rite of ancestral soul liberation?
是不是也能超度他们呢 他们也会受益吗 

The answer is yes
这个答案是肯定的 

They will definitely benefit.
他们一定会受益的

And some have come out of hell,
并且有的从地狱里出来了

and some have sent messages to their families.
有的给家里报信了 

It is truly inconceivable that everything is blessed by the Buddha and Bodhisattvas.
真的都是佛菩萨加持 不可思议

Within the Buddhist community, not a single person is abandoned.
“佛氏门中 不舍一人”

I'm going to start with one story that
我下面呢 首先给大家讲一个

I have experiences on my own.
末学 自己的一个经历 

One day, while I was chanting Amitabha, suddenly,
突然吧 有一天我在念佛的时候呢

my grandfather came to mind.
就想到了我的外公 

When my grandfather passed away, he was only 46 years old, very young.
外公离开的时候只有四十六岁 非常地年轻

Due to political persecution,
由于政治的原因 迫害  

he died by hanging himself.
他是上吊自杀身亡的 

Everything in our home was ransacked, 
可以说刨地三尺

and all of our belongings were taken away.
所有家里的东西都被抄走了 

Moreover, not a single photo was left behind.
并且呢 照片也没给留下一张

So I don't have any impression of my grandfather,
所以对外公呢 就没有印象

precisely, such a fate
就是由于这么一个缘

perhaps it was the destined time for me to help him.
可能是度化他的缘分啊到了

I suddenly remembered my grandfather
我就突然想起了我的外公 

So I told two dharma brothers that
那我当时呢就跟群里的两位师兄啊就说了

I want to perform the ritual of transcendence for my grandfather.
我说我想超度我的外公 于是呢

We reserved a memorial tablet at the Jile Temple in Tainan, the Shuangxi Cottage, and the 
我们就在台南极乐寺  双溪小筑

East Tianmu Mountain in Hangzhou for him. The tablet is inscribed with his name 
杭州东天目山 都为我外公啊

for him to listen to the sutras and teachings, also a tablet for his transbirth
挂了听经闻法的牌位 还有往生牌位 

At this point, daily
这个时候呢 我们就每天吧

we prayed and invited him to participate in the 'thrice yearning dharma assembly
就祈请他去参加“三时系念法会 ”

listening to the sutras and teachings and follow us to learn and recite Buddhist sutras
听经闻法 跟着我们学佛念佛

then we dedicated the merit to him
然后给他回向

I called my grandfather's name every day
我每天呢就叫着外公的名字

at that time, I thought to myself that I would take 49 days to do it.
我呢 当时就想 我要用四十九天的时间呢 

Let's see what's going to happen.
看看他到底有什么反应 

I was purely holding an experimental attitude towards this.
这个我是纯粹抱着一个试验的心态

Because I had never gone beyond this.
因为从来没有超度过

He (my grandpa) had been out of touch for so long, 
这么久没有音讯的人

and my grandfather had never sent a dream message to any family members.
并且外公从来没有给任何一个人托过梦 

I also know that in a situation like this,
我也明知道像这种情况 

things are not likely to end well.
一定不会在好道

The first is that there is no dreams
一、没有梦境

The second is that he committed suicide
二、是自杀身亡 

I told a few other dharma brothers regarding my grandpa
末学呢 又告诉了另外几位师兄

and asked them to help me save him
请他们帮忙和我一起来救度我的外公

Let's see if there's a miracle
我们也看一下有没有奇迹发生

They also called my grandfather's name every day, 
他们每天也是念着我外公的名字

praying for him and 
给外公超度  给外公开示 

hoping to receive messages from him 
希望能得到信息回来

It was incredible and the information really came back
真的是不可思议 信息就真的回来了

There really is a show
真的就有来示现

First of all, Grandpa's hands were bound in chains
首先呢 外公双手是被铁链绑着的 

and then he ran back and forth
然后呢 就来回地跑 

When he ran, his feet didn't touch the ground.
跑得时候脚底下是不着地的

There was also a very large fire roasting beside him.
旁边还有非常大的火烤着

At that moment I thought Grandpa must be suffering in hell
这个时候我就想 外公一定是在地狱里受苦呢

Perhaps he was in the fiery hell. Oh dear, at that moment I thought, this is too painful.
可能在火烧地狱 哎呀 当时我就想 

He had been gone for fifty years, 
这太苦了 走了五十年了呀 

Fifty years of suffering in hell
那五十年都是在地狱里受苦 

So, I prayed to Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha, 
我就祈请地藏王菩萨 

prayed to the senior Bodhisattvas (Jingya's ??????????mother) and little Bodhisattvas (Jingya's son)
老菩萨、小菩萨

who are already in the Pure Land, 
因为他们已经在极乐世界了嘛 

and asked them to help my grandfather 
我就说希望你们能帮到我的外公 

and save him from suffering.
把他救度上来吧

It really worked at this time.
这个时候真起到作用了

There was another vision. 
又有一个境界哈 

My grandfather was trapped inside a large building
我外公呢 是被关在一个大房子里面 

that looked like a prison. 
这个房子就像监狱一样 哈

The door was locked, nobody could get out.
是出不来的 大门是锁着的 

At this moment, I saw the little Bodhisattva 
这个时候呢 就看到了我们家的小菩萨

wearing a red kasaya and holding a tin staff, 
身穿红色的袈裟 手拿着锡杖

just like the appearance of Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha. 
是地藏王菩萨的样子

stood outside the door of the building, 
站在他这个大门的外面

looked inside for a moment, and then left.
这样往里面看了一下 然后就走了

We received an image of Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha, 
给我们一个影像 就是地藏王菩萨

who is always ready to rescue sentient beings in hell. 
他是随时去到地狱里面救度众生的

As long as we have a sincere request, he will respond.
只要我们有感 他就有应 

A few days later the dharma brother told me again
又过了几天 这位师兄呢 又告诉我

The vision changed and my grandfather's hands and feet were all loosened up.
这个境界转了 就是外公的手脚都松绑了

And a woman brought him a bowl of rice to eat
并且有一个妇女端了一碗饭给他吃了

At least he's out of hell so he could eat
最起码他脱离了地狱道 有饭吃了

Oh, it's amazing when I think about it
哎呀 我一想真的是太不可思议了

It's just through one transcendence by setting up tablet
就通过就这么一个超度 挂牌位

Chanting Amitabha and chanting sutras
念佛诵经

we could sense which path he is on.
就能感应到他在哪一个道上

I wondered whether this woman might be my grandmother
我当时就想 咦 这个妇女会不会是我姥姥呢

Could he have entered on another path and met my grandmother, 
他会不会走到了另外一个道上 

who then personally served him a meal to eat?"
遇到了我姥姥 然后姥姥又亲自给他饭吃呢

I said it was possible
我说这个也是有可能的

And the next day I had a dream
结果呢 到了第二天 我就做了一个梦

I was really dreaming about my grandma
真的梦到了我姥姥 

I didn't see the look of my grandma in dream
我姥姥的样子 我没有梦到 

but I definitely knew it was my grandma
但是我明确地知道是我姥姥

She just said "Thank you! Thank you! 
她就告诉我 她说谢谢你们 谢谢你们

saved! saved!"
救上来了 救上来了

just a few words
就说了这么几句话

Oh, I was very, very excited
哎呀 当时我的心情特别特别地激动

Where did he go? Where was he saved to?
去到哪里了 救到哪里了

He didn't manifest to me either.
也没有给我示现 

But I know he left hell.
但是我知道离开了地狱

Just like when I went to save my grandmother
就像当时我去救我的外婆一样 

Before my son passed away, my mother prayed to the little Bodhisattva
小菩萨走得时候 我妈妈就祈求小菩萨

to become a Buddha in the future and help 
一定成佛了 以后帮着去救度

her mother who is my grandmother.
她的妈妈 就是我的外婆

She did not pass away peacefully, she would not be on the good path.
走得不好一定不会在善道上 

So the little Bodhisattva (Jingya's son) agreed
所以小菩萨就答应了 

Just over two months after the little Bodhisattva died
就在小菩萨往生了 两个多月以后呢 

Maybe that was the manifestation of the little Bodhisattva on one evening
有一天晚上可能就是小菩萨的示现吧

In the dream, he let me be a Buddha for a whole night.
他呢 就在梦境里让我当了一晚上的佛 

Throughout that night, neither the appearance of the Buddha 
这一晚上 佛是什么样子

nor my own appearance were manifested to me.
我是什么样子 都没有给我示现 

But I clearly knew that I was a Buddha.
但是我明显地知道我是佛

I went to rescue my grandmother and suddenly, with a "swish", 
我就去救我的外婆 就是“ 唰”一下

arrived at a place that looked exactly like three graves piled together.
走到了一个就像三个坟堆一样的地方

They looked exactly the same, 
长得是一模一样的

and I exclaimed, Wow, they all look the same. 
我说 哇 这都长得一个样 

Which one is my grandmother?
那哪一个是我外婆呢 

said, "If you are my grandmother, when I call out to you,
我说 如果外婆我叫你

'which one are you?' Just move a little and shake your body."
哪一个是你呢 你就动一下 摇摇身子

then I called out, "Grandma, Grandma,"
结果我就叫 我说 “外婆 外婆“

and the one in the middle of the three graves 
中间这一堆东西啊 

kicked and twisted its body in response.
就蹬、蹬、蹬就扭动身体 

I knew that was my grandmother, so I picked her up and flew upward.
我就知道这个是我的外婆 

so I picked her up and flew upward.
我就抱起我的外婆 我就往上飞

I said, "Oh, Grandma, I finally found you!"
我说 ”哎呀 外婆啊 我终于找到你了”

and then I said, "You have really suffered."
我说 ”你这真的是受了苦了“

While I was holding my grandmother, 
我在抱外婆的同时 

I felt like she was a laundry ball, 
我就感觉我的外婆呢就是一个洗衣球

like the kind we use to wash clothes. 
就是在洗衣服的时候 我们用的那个洗洁球 

was placed inside and rubbed and squeezed by someone,
放在里面被人揉搓揉搓

the feeling of clothes being rubbed during washing.
洗衣服被揉的感觉

It truly suffered through all kinds of pain.
真的是受尽了万般地痛苦

I said, "Oh, you have suffered too much, it's so miserable. 
我说 哎呀 你这苦受得太多了 太惨了

I finally found you, and I am here to save you."
我终于把你找到了 我就是来救你的

and then I picked my grandmother up.
我就把外婆抱上来了

I didn't get a glimpse of where I brought my grandmother to, 
抱到了哪一道 没给我示现  我也不知道

and I didn't even know what she looked like. 
外婆是什么样子 我也不知道

So, I told my mother that "I rescued my grandmother, 
所以吧 我就给我妈妈讲 

but I couldn't provide the specific details about which path she was in. 
外婆救上来了 具体她在哪一道

She would have to wait until you go to the Western Pure Land
要等到你去了西方极乐世界

and then you can go save your mother."
再去救度你的妈妈 

It was the same this time.
这次呢也一样

I called my mom
我就给我妈妈打电话 

I said, "I saved Grandpa from hell, 
我说外公啊 从地狱里救上来了

but I still don't know which level he went to. 
但是去到了哪一道 我还是不知道

I hope that after you become a Buddha, you can save your parents 
希望你以后成佛了 就去救度你的父母吧

and deliver them to the Western Pure Land."
把他们再超度到西方极乐世界吧 

So from the manifestation of my grandfather, 



所以从我外公的这个示现上

what we do is not in vain, 
我们所做得都是功不唐捐的

one sincere effort will bring one benefit, 
一份真诚 得一份利益

tenfold sincerity will bring tenfold benefit.

十分的真诚 得十分的利益 

So everyone must believe in this: 
所以这点大家一定要相信

as long as we have the intention to do something, it's never too late to start.
只要是我们发心做了 什么时候都不晚

I hope that by sharing the story of how I saved my grandfather today, 
希望我今天呢 分享我救度外公的故事

everyone can benefit from it.
也能让大家受益

Starting from today, you can set up ancestral tablets 
从今天开始都可以把家里的祖先

for your ancestors all those you think of,
只要想到的 给他们都立一个牌位 

listen to Dharma, chant Buddha's name, and dedicate merits to them. 
给他们听经闻法 念佛回向

They will all receive the greatest benefit.
他们都能得到最大的利益 

Although I did not save my grandfather and grandmother to the Western Pure Land, 
虽然外公外婆没有被我救到西方极乐世界 

at least they have been freed from the suffering of the Hell realm 
但是最起码脱离了地狱道

and no longer have to suffer there. 
不用在地狱受苦了

I am able to help them transcend and be liberated.
能把他们超度出来

This is truly the blessings of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, 
这真的都是佛菩萨的加持

and the blessings of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva. 
地藏王菩萨的加持

Therefore, no matter in which realm they are, as long as 
所以他们无论在哪一道 

we recite sutras and chant Amitabha for them, they will definitely benefit from it. 
只要我们诵经念佛 他们一定会受益的

To help our family members leave the evil paths and be reborn in the Western Pure Land
度家人脱离恶道 往生到西方极乐世界

is the greatest filial piety.
就是我们最大的孝

Well, that's all for today's video
好了 今天的视频就分享到这里

Thank you for watching
感恩大家的收看

and forwarding to promote dharma transmission and alms
看后转发 弘扬法布施

if you like, please click praise at thumb up and subscribe
喜欢请点赞订阅 我们下期再见

Namo Amitabha 
南无阿弥陀佛

作者 智喜